Help Us Reach Our Goal: the Endowment Challenge
Any new gift — or newly documented* planned gift — to the Seymour Marine Discovery Center endowment will help us to meet our $3 million goal and qualify for the Endowment Challenge. UC Santa Cruz has challenged the Seymour Center to raise $500,000 in endowment donations and planned gifts before September 30, 2014. If successful, $100,000 will added to our existing endowment.
* To qualify, gift intentions must be documented with UC Santa Cruz.
Investment of the endowment funds provides a permanent stream of annual revenue to support:
- Education Programming. Endowment revenue supports our education programs. Marine science education is the core mission of the Seymour Marine Discovery Center, and its wide variety of conservation education programs serve a broad and diverse audience from the central California coast and beyond.
- Exhibits. Endowment revenue supports permanent and temporary exhibits, including those that house live marine animals in the aquaria and pools and the interactive stations in the exhibit hall. Exhibit funds include support for the care and feeding of marine animals.
- Innovation and opportunity. Endowment revenue fuels the Center’s development and underwrites new initiatives and innovative programs. They also help support the Center’s annual operations and support programming, operations, and enhancements to technology.
For more information please contact any of the following:
Julie Barrett Heffington, Director, Seymour Marine Discovery Center,
(831) 459-5343 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Rose, Executive Director, Friends of Long Marine Lab
(831) 459-3694 or email@example.com
Katherine Moore, Donor Stewardship Manager, Seymour Marine Discovery Center, (831) 459-4568 or firstname.lastname@example.org