Discovery Lab & Tours are available from October 20, 2015 through June 3, 2016.
Due to the popularity of these programs, a lottery is held each fall in an effort to schedule Discovery Labs in the most fair and efficient way. After the lottery, available openings are filled first come, first served. Please visit our Field Trip Calendar for dates and times currently available.
Once you choose a date, call (831) 459-3800 to confirm availability. If the date is available, we will hold it for one week to allow you time to send in the completed application with payment. Please follow the instructions below.
Submit a Discovery Lab & Tour Application
- Download the Marine Science Education Programs Brochure and carefully read the instructions on page 5.
- Fill out the Discovery Lab Application (also see page 11 of the brochure).
- With each application, enclose payment information, either in the form of check, purchase order (PO), or credit card. Your payment will be processed once your program has been scheduled and confirmed. Make checks and POs payable to “Seymour Center/UC Regents.”
- Mail completed applications ASAP.
- Applications for Discovery Lab & Tours are taken by mail only. We do NOT accept applications by fax, phone, or e-mail.
Group leaders will receive a confirmation packet once your program has been scheduled. If you have not received a confirmation packet four weeks prior to your program, please notify us at (831) 459-3800. If paying by credit card or check, you will receive a receipt in your confirmation packet.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
If we are unable to schedule a Discovery Lab & Tour on any of the dates you submitted for your class, you will not be charged/invoiced. However, any cancellation made by a group leader after the Discovery Lab has been scheduled and confirmed is non-refundable, unless another group fills the space.
32 students maximum per Discovery Lab & Tour—no exceptions. Please do not bring any additional students or unscheduled groups. Siblings are not permitted in the classroom during the Discovery Lab but are welcome on the guided tour.
Please bring only the number of adult chaperones necessary to transport your students. Only five adults—the teacher and up to four chaperones—are permitted inside the classroom during the Discovery Lab. Remaining drivers, chaperones, and siblings may explore the exhibit hall on their own during that time. They are welcome to rejoin students for the guided tour. All adults are expected to assist with supervision and appropriate student behavior.