If you would like to be added to our mailing list to receive a 2015 Ocean Explorers brochure, call the Seymour Center at (831) 459-3800. Brochures will be available in spring 2015. Due to the popularity of programs, participation is determined by a random drawing of applicants.
- Download an application (2015 application available March 1, 2015).
- Mail completed applications to:
Seymour Marine Discovery Center
Attn: Ocean Explorers
100 Shaffer Road
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
- Completed applications must be received by 5 PM, Thursday, April 10, 2014, to be included in the random drawing. If applying after April 10, 2014, you will be contacted if space is available.
- Applications are accepted by mail only. We do NOT accept applications by fax, phone, or e-mail.
Members Priority Registration
Members (at the Dual/Family membership level or higher) of the Friends of Long Marine Lab receive priority registration and a reduced fee for Ocean Explorers programs (see Session Fees). All applications received from current members by 5 PM, Thursday, April 10, 2014, will be included in the first random drawing before applications from the general public are drawn. Membership will NOT GUARANTEE your child a space in Ocean Explorers, but does afford your application priority over the general public. If you would like to become a member or are unsure of your membership status, call (831) 459-3800.
Confirmation and Payment
- After the random drawing, selected applicants for each program will be contacted by phone, by 5 PM, Thursday, April 17, 2014. All other applicants will be placed on a waiting list for each program they selected.
- Selected applicants must supply full payment by 5 PM, Thursday, May 1, 2014. If payment is not received, your space cannot be held and will be offered to the next applicant on the waiting list.
- Applicants placed on the waiting list for programs will receive a letter in early May informing them of their application status. Space occasionally becomes available, and wait-listed applicants are called until the space is filled.
When notified of a cancellation at least two weeks in advance, we will attempt to fill the vacancy. If a replacement is found, we will refund the program cost minus a $50 cancellation fee. If we do not find a replacement, we are unable to refund any portion of the program fee.