If you would like to be added to our mailing list to receive a 2014 Ocean Explorers camp brochure, please call the Seymour Center at (831) 459-3800. Brochures will be available in spring 2014.
Due to the popularity of programs, participation is determined by a random drawing of applicants.
- Download an application and carefully follow instructions.
- Mail completed applications to:
Seymour Marine Discovery Center
Attn: Ocean Explorers
100 Shaffer Road
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
- Completed applications must be received by 5 p.m., Friday, April 12, 2013, to be included in the random drawing. If applying after April 12, 2013, you will be contacted if space is available.
- Applications are accepted by mail only. We do NOT accept applications by fax, phone, or e-mail.
Members Priority Registration
Members (at the Dual/Family membership level or higher) of the Friends of Long Marine Lab receive priority registration and a reduced fee for Ocean Explorers programs (see Session Fees). All applications received from current members will be included in the first random drawing before applications from the general public are drawn. Membership will NOT GUARANTEE your child a space in Ocean Explorers, but does afford your application priority over the general public. If you would like to become a member or are unsure of your membership status, contact Katherine Moore at (831) 459-4568.
Confirmation and Payment
- After the random drawing, selected applicants for each program will be contacted by phone by Friday, April 19, 2013. All other applicants will be placed on a waiting list for each program they selected.
- Selected applicants must supply full payment by 5 p.m., Monday, May 6, 2013. If payment is not received, your space cannot be held and will be offered to the next applicant on the waiting list.
- Applicants placed on the waiting list for programs will receive a letter in early May informing them of their application status. Space occasionally becomes available, and wait-listed applicants are called until the space is filled.
When notified of a cancellation at least two weeks in advance, we will attempt to fill the vacancy. If a replacement is found, we will refund the program cost minus a $50 cancellation fee. If we do not find a replacement, we are unable to refund any portion of the program fee.