WE DID IT! — 2014 Endowment Challenge
THANK YOU to all who helped us meet our recent challenge successfully!
UC Santa Cruz challenged the Seymour Center to raise $500,000 in endowment donations and planned gifts before September 30, 2014. We did it! Now, $100,000 will added to our existing endowment.
While we met our September 30 challenge goal, we are still working toward our overall goal of a $3 million endowment. For more information on how you can support the Seymour Center through a planned gift, call any of the numbers listed below or contact UC Santa Cruz’s Office of Planned Giving.
Investment of the endowment funds provides a permanent stream of annual revenue to support:
- Education Programming. Endowment revenue supports our education programs. Marine science education is the core mission of the Seymour Marine Discovery Center, and its wide variety of conservation education programs serve a broad and diverse audience from the central California coast and beyond.
- Exhibits. Endowment revenue supports permanent and temporary exhibits, including those that house live marine animals in the aquaria and pools and the interactive stations in the exhibit hall. Exhibit funds include support for the care and feeding of marine animals.
- Innovation and opportunity. Endowment revenue fuels the Center’s development and underwrites new initiatives and innovative programs. They also help support the Center’s annual operations and support programming, operations, and enhancements to technology.
For more information please contact any of the following:
Julie Barrett Heffington, Director, Seymour Marine Discovery Center,
(831) 459-5343 or email@example.com
Lauren Donnelly-Crocker, Development Director, Seymour Marine Discovery Center,
(831) 459-4568 or firstname.lastname@example.org