The California Environmental Phenomena Summit
October 3-4, 2019
Spend two days in Santa Cruz collaborating with local science experts and other educators from the region. Learn about local, environmentally-focused phenomena. Deepen your understanding of phenomena and California’s Environmental Principles and Concepts. Contribute to an instructional resource that will be shared with other educators. The resource will:
- Identify a useful, environmentally-focused phenomenon
- Provide a grade-level appropriate explanation that incorporates Disciplinary Core Ideas and Crosscutting Concepts
- Highlight possible student activities that emphasize the Science and Engineering Practices
- Connect to the Environmental Principles and Concepts
This summit is designed for K-12 classroom teachers and educators experienced with NGSS and interested in environmental phenomena.
- October 3-4, 2019
- 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Check-in for the two-day summit begins at 7:30 a.m.
Seymour Marine Discovery Center, 100 Mc Allister Way, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
- $150* per attendee. Fee includes all materials, continental breakfast, and lunch on both days.
- *Scholarships: The Santa Cruz County Office of Education is offering to subsidize the registration fee for K-12 classroom teachers. Contact Amity Sandage at firstname.lastname@example.org before registering if you are interested in receiving registration assistance.
Register by September 13 at: http://sdcoe.k12oms.org/1022-164933
For more information:
Contact Kathy Bowman email@example.com
Facilitated by Crystal Howe, Coordinator
This Phenomenon Summit is made possible thanks to these collaborating partners:
This project is funded through the Budget Act of 2017, Item 6100-488-0001, Provision 6
Join the Seymour Center Educator Mailing List to be notified when new educator workshops become available. or call us at (831) 459-3800.