The California Environmental Phenomena Summit
October 3-4, 2019
Spend two days in Santa Cruz collaborating with local science experts and other educators from the region. Learn about local, environmentally-focused phenomena. Deepen your understanding of phenomena and California’s Environmental Principles and Concepts. Contribute to an instructional resource that will be shared with other educators. The resource will:
- Identify a useful, environmentally-focused phenomenon
- Provide a grade-level appropriate explanation that incorporates Disciplinary Core Ideas and Crosscutting Concepts
- Highlight possible student activities that emphasize the Science and Engineering Practices
- Connect to the Environmental Principles and Concepts
This summit is designed for K-12 classroom teachers and educators experienced with NGSS and interested in environmental phenomena.
- October 3-4, 2019
- 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Check-in for the two-day summit begins at 7:30 a.m.
Seymour Marine Discovery Center, 100 Mc Allister Way, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
- $150 per attendee. Fee includes all materials, continental breakfast, and lunch on both days.
- Note: The Santa Cruz County Office of Education has arranged with San Diego County Office of Education to waive the registration fee for teachers in the Santa Cruz County region. When registering, click “payment by check” on the registration and then in the comment box write “paid by Santa Cruz COE.”
Register by September 13 at: http://sdcoe.k12oms.org/1022-164933
For more information:
Contact Kathy Bowman firstname.lastname@example.org
Facilitated by Crystal Howe, Coordinator
This Phenomenon Summit is made possible thanks to these collaborating partners:
This project is funded through the Budget Act of 2017, Item 6100-488-0001, Provision 6
Join the Seymour Center Educator Mailing List to be notified when new educator workshops become available. or call us at (831) 459-3800.