Send in an application today! Applications are being accepted to be included on our waitlist.
- Download an Ocean Explorers 2020 application.
- Completed applications must have been received by 5 PM, Thursday, March 12, 2020, to be included in the random drawing. If applying after March 12, please mail in an application and you will be added to the waitlist.
- Read carefully, print neatly, and fill out both sides of the application. Please complete a separate application for each child.
- Applications are accepted by mail only. We do NOT accept applications by fax, phone, or e-mail.
- Mail completed applications to:
Seymour Marine Discovery Center
Attn: Ocean Explorers
100 McAllister Way
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Members Priority Registration
Members (at the Dual/Family membership level or higher) of the Friends of Long Marine Lab receive priority registration and a reduced fee for Ocean Explorers programs (see Schedule & Fees). All applications received from current members by 5 PM, Thursday, March 12, will be included in the first random drawing before applications from the general public are drawn. Membership will NOT GUARANTEE your child a space in Ocean Explorers, but it does afford your application priority over the general public. If you would like to become a member or are unsure of your membership status, call (831) 459-3800.
Confirmation and Payment
- After the random drawing, selected applicants for each program will be notified by e-mail, by 5 PM, Friday, March 20, 2020. All other applicants will be placed on a waiting list for each program they selected.
- Selected applicants must supply full payment by 4 PM, Monday, April 27, 2020. If payment is not received, your space cannot be held and will be offered to the next applicant on the waiting list.
- Applicants placed on the waiting list for programs will receive notification by e-mail in early April informing them of their application status. Space occasionally becomes available, and wait-listed applicants are called until the space is filled.
When notified of a cancellation at least two weeks in advance, we will attempt to fill the vacancy. If a replacement is found, we will refund the program cost minus a $50 cancellation fee. If we do not find a replacement, we are unable to refund any portion of the program fee.