Due to the popularity of programs, participation is determined by a random drawing of applicants. Download the Ocean Explorers brochure here.
- Download an Ocean Explorers 2018 application.
- Mail completed applications to:
Seymour Marine Discovery Center
Attn: Ocean Explorers
100 McAllister Way
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
- Completed applications must be received by 5 PM, Thursday, March 22, 2018, to be included in the random drawing. If applying after March 22, 2018, you will be contacted if space is available.
- Applications are accepted by mail only. We do NOT accept applications by fax, phone, or e-mail.
Members Priority Registration
Members (at the Dual/Family membership level or higher) of the Friends of Long Marine Lab receive priority registration and a reduced fee for Ocean Explorers programs (see Session Fees). All applications received from current members by 5 PM, Thursday, March 22, 2018, will be included in the first random drawing before applications from the general public are drawn. Membership will NOT GUARANTEE your child a space in Ocean Explorers, but it does afford your application priority over the general public. If you would like to become a member or are unsure of your membership status, call (831) 459-3800.
Confirmation and Payment
- After the random drawing, selected applicants for each program will be contacted by email, by 5 PM, Friday, March 30, 2018. All other applicants will be placed on a waiting list for each program they selected.
- Selected applicants must supply full payment by 5 PM, Friday, April 27, 2018. If payment is not received, your space cannot be held and will be offered to the next applicant on the waiting list.
- Applicants placed on the waiting list for programs will receive notification in early April informing them of their application status. Space occasionally becomes available, and wait-listed applicants are called until the space is filled.
When notified of a cancellation at least two weeks in advance, we will attempt to fill the vacancy. If a replacement is found, we will refund the program cost minus a $50 cancellation fee. If we do not find a replacement, we are unable to refund any portion of the program fee.