Registration for the Ocean Explorers program begins March 2020.
- Download an application. (Ocean Explorers 2020 application available March 1, 2020).
- Read carefully, print neatly, and fill out both sides of the application. Please complete a separate application for each child.
- Due to the popularity of the programs, participation is determined by a random drawing of applicants.
- Applications are accepted by mail only. We do NOT accept applications by fax, phone, or e-mail.
- Mail completed applications to:
Seymour Marine Discovery Center
Attn: Ocean Explorers
100 McAllister Way
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Members Priority Registration
Members (at the Dual/Family membership level or higher) of the Friends of Long Marine Lab receive priority registration and a reduced fee for Ocean Explorers programs (see Session Fees). All applications received from current members will be included in the first random drawing before applications from the general public are drawn. Membership will NOT GUARANTEE your child a space in Ocean Explorers, but it does afford your application priority over the general public. If you would like to become a member or are unsure of your membership status, call (831) 459-3800.
Confirmation and Payment
- After the random drawing, selected applicants for each program will be contacted by email. All other applicants will be placed on a waiting list for each program they selected.
- Selected applicants must supply full payment by the due date in April 2020. If payment is not received, your space cannot be held and will be offered to the next applicant on the waiting list.
- Applicants placed on the waiting list for programs will receive notification in early April informing them of their application status. Space occasionally becomes available, and wait-listed applicants are called until the space is filled.
When notified of a cancellation at least two weeks in advance, we will attempt to fill the vacancy. If a replacement is found, we will refund the program cost minus a $50 cancellation fee. If we do not find a replacement, we are unable to refund any portion of the program fee.