To be included on the waitlist for the Ocean Explorers program, send in an application today!
- Download an application.
- Read carefully, print neatly, and fill out both sides of the application. Please complete a separate application for each child.
- Due to the popularity of the programs, participation is determined by a random drawing of applicants. Completed applications must have been received by 5 PM, Thursday, March 14, 2019, to have been included in the random drawing. The program is currently full, however, we are accepting applications to be included on the waitlist.
- Applications are accepted by mail only. We do NOT accept applications by fax, phone, or e-mail.
- Mail completed applications to:
Seymour Marine Discovery Center
Attn: Ocean Explorers
100 McAllister Way
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Members Priority Registration
Members (at the Dual/Family membership level or higher) of the Friends of Long Marine Lab receive priority registration and a reduced fee for Ocean Explorers programs (see Session Fees). All applications received from current members by 5 PM, Thursday, March 14, 2019, will be included in the first random drawing before applications from the general public are drawn. Membership will NOT GUARANTEE your child a space in Ocean Explorers, but it does afford your application priority over the general public. If you would like to become a member or are unsure of your membership status, call (831) 459-3800.
Confirmation and Payment
- After the random drawing, selected applicants for each program will be contacted by email, by 5 PM, Friday, March 22, 2019. All other applicants will be placed on a waiting list for each program they selected.
- Selected applicants must supply full payment by 5 PM, Friday, April 19, 2019. If payment is not received, your space cannot be held and will be offered to the next applicant on the waiting list.
- Applicants placed on the waiting list for programs will receive notification in early April informing them of their application status. Space occasionally becomes available, and wait-listed applicants are called until the space is filled.
When notified of a cancellation at least two weeks in advance, we will attempt to fill the vacancy. If a replacement is found, we will refund the program cost minus a $50 cancellation fee. If we do not find a replacement, we are unable to refund any portion of the program fee.