World Fish Migration Day Festival
Saturday, May 21, 2022
10 AM–2 PM
Free with Seymour Center admission
Organizations from around the world are organizing celebrations for World Fish Migration Day. Join us at the Seymour Center for a family-friendly festival. Engage with UC Santa Cruz researchers sharing their salmon-y science and community organizations highlighting how they protect and maintain the local fishery.
Salmon Science Poster Session
11:30 AM – 1:00 PM
Location: La Feliz Room (indoors)
- Rosealea Bond
- Noël Clark and Isabelle Tang
- Steve Lindley, Ph.D.
- Joshua Meko
- Jeremy Notch
- Haley Ohms, Ph.D.
- Tanya Rogers, Ph.D.
- Pedro Valencia Landa, Ph.D. Student
- Malte Willmes, Ph.D.
Community Outreach Booths
Location: Exhibit hall and La Feliz room (indoors) and Shipwreck Deck (outdoors)
- American Fisheries Society Santa Cruz Monterey Bay Area Subunit
- California Trout
- Carmel River Steelhead Association
- Golden State Salmon Association
- Monterey Bay Fisheries Trust
- Monterey Bay Salmon and Trout Project
- Santa Cruz Fly Fishing Club
Salmon Obstacle Course
Location: East end of parking lot (outdoors)
Arts and Crafts
Location: Exhibit hall (indoors)
Salmon Selfie Station
Location: Front entrance (outdoors)
Take your picture with a larger-than-life wooden salmon!